"Easy to Understand, Easy to Install, Easy to Maintain"
Hydropump Model RH1400 Battery Backup Sump Pump
One Pump, Two Installation Options:
Inside the Sump OR Outside the Sump
This battery backup sump pump is the most unique pump on the market today. Never before has a pump been designed with the unique ability to be installed either Inside the Sump or Outside the Sump, depending on the situation at hand. There are often times when the typical backup pump just will not fit your sump. You may have a 5 gallon bucket stuck in the concrete floor of your basement and that's your sump. Now try fitting a typical battery backup pump in that 11" diameter space along with your electric primary pump. Not gonna happen!
Enter the RH1400 pump that can sit on the floor, Outside the Sump. Will it fit? Will it work? The answer to both is most likely "Yes." And not only that, but you may think your sump is too small, but in reality, it may be larger than you think. The new, improved Model RH1400 gives you the ability to change your mind right up to the time you install it, whether to mount it Inside the Sump or Outside the Sump.
Install Inside the Sump
This battery backup sump pump may be installed inside the sump, hanging on its own stainless steel bracket, against the side of the sump, like this:
- Pump is normally dry, mounted above the water; It only gets wet if the water rises above normal.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- It is easy to remove from the sump, if necessary.
- Pumps an average of 1800 Gallons Per Hour.
Install On The Floor Outside the Sump
It may be installed with the pump sitting on the basement floor, not actually in the sump, with a pipe going down into the sump to suck up the water, like this:
- Fits smaller, more congested sumps.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Sits on the floor, outside the sump to reduce congestion.
- Pumps an average of 1,400 Gallons Per Hour.
So you decide which installation type fits your sump the best.
- When installed Inside the Sump, the pumping rate will be higher than when it is installed outside the sump (1,800 vs 1,400 GPH)
- The final decision on which way to install this pump can be made while you are installing it.
- You can dry-fit the parts each way, if desired, to see which configuration works best in your situation.
- Once you have decided, then you can complete the installation following the instructions for the configuration you chose.
Shown from above in a standard 18" plastic sump
Shown from above in a small 12" plastic 5 gal. bucket sump
Watch this video demonstration of how to install the RH1400 either Outside the Sump or Inside the Sump!
Watch carefully during each demonstration as each part disappears from the table and reappears in the installation. All the parts shown are included in the package so if you're not sure which way will work best in your application, you can dry-fit the parts in each pattern to make sure before making final connections.
Included with Hydropump Model RH1400
- High quality pump motor with heavy duty plastic case.
- Stainless Steel pump mounting bracket.
- Vertical Float Switch with mounting clamp.
- PVC Pipe and Tee with hose fitting.
- PVC Check valve and suction screen; all the fittings to install either Inside the Sump OR Outside the Sump.
- Heavy-duty plastic battery case and cables.
- 1 Amp-hour float/maintainer charger with status lights and both ring and alligator clip terminals. Compatible with any Marine deep cycle batteries. Capable of charging two batteries if necessary. Batteries NOT included.
- Flexible discharge hose and clamps.
- 85 dB High water alarm.
- Complete installation instructions.
- TWO YEAR Limited Warranty
Product Specifications and Service Requirements
- One 12 Volt Deep Cycle Marine, Sealed Lead Acid, AGM, or Gel Type Battery (optional second battery may be used). We strongly recommend the use of a maintenance-free battery. We have seen and heard of too many batteries that have been neglected.
- Battery sizes 27 - 31 typically fit: (Battery not included)
To fit our case, battery size cannot exceed 13-1/2" L x 7" W x 10" H to top of terminals.
- Charger Included: 120VAC, 60HZ Power Outlet, 1 amp./hr.
|Model# RH1400||Outside Sump||Inside Sump|
|Pump Base Dimensions||9" x 6½"||6½" Diameter|
|Pumping Rate at 5'||1800 GPH||2600 GPH|
|Pumping Rate at 9'||1400 GPH||1800 GPH|
|Pump Weight with Base||12.5 Lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||20 Lbs.|
|Discharge Hose Size||1¼"|
|Main discharge pipe size||1 ½" or 1 ¼"|
|Average Pumping Times||1 Cycle = 15-30 Seconds Pumping|
|If pump cycles every:||1 minute||5 minutes||15 minutes|
|On 1 battery||12 hours||48 hours||96 hours|
|On 2 batteries||24 hours||96 hours||192 hours|
Click here to see Batteries for Backup Sump Pumps
- RH1400 (battery NOT included) $349.00
Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Within 30 days of purchase, if you are not completely satisfied with your new Hydropump, Base Products Corp. (The Company) will refund your money, in full, excluding shipping charges. Pump must be in its original package with all parts included and in saleable condition. Please contact the dealer where you purchased your pump to obtain refund. If purchased directly from The Company, you must call our Customer Satisfaction Department at 1 800 554 1426 to process return or to receive Technical Assistance. Please give your name, address, phone number, date of purchase, and address of the installation.