Frequently Asked Questions about Hygienic Aire
- What is HygienicAire?
- What is Tea Tree Oil?
- How do you use the product?
- How long has Tea Tree Oil been in use?
- Are the Tea Tree Oil vapors safe to breathe?
- Where is HygienicAire™ Produced?
- How can I obtain a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
- What is the shelf life of the product?
- What are the advantages of using the product?
- Are there other uses for the product?
- Where and How do we insert it into the Return air duct?
- What is the environmental factor?
- What is the minimum order?
- How should the used container be disposed of?
“Control Mold and Mildew Naturally Using the Safe, Effective Power of Tea Tree Oil”
General Hygienic Aire Questions
Click any question to be brought to an answer
1. What is HygienicAire?
HygienicAire™ is a solid gel containing Tea Tree Oil, optional scents and reagents. It is used as a Tea Tree Oil treatment of heating/air conditioning ducts and air purifiers to help clean and deodorize the air of foul, musty, moldy and mildew odors and stains. Also for use when working with pet odors, car and RV interiors, boats, cabins, and unattended residences. A simple treatment to promote the maintenance of clean and fresher air in your building.
2. What is Tea Tree Oil?
The Power of Tea Tree Oil, the active ingredient in Hygienic Aire:
- Broad spectrum anti-microbial (against gram positive and gram negative bacteria)
- Effective in the presence of blood and pus
- Excellent skin penetration and healer
- Antiseptic and mild anaesthetic (may be applied to open wounds without stinging)
- Antifungal activity
- Unique organic preservative
- Strong cleansing and solvency properties
- Natural and environmentally friendly
Tea Tree Oil is a proven natural broad-spectrum fungicide / germicide / biocide which is very effective against a wide range of bacteria, yeast’s, molds and fungi at a low minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICS).
3. How do you use the product?
To activate the product, remove cap and lid and place 1) inside the supply air plenum (area behind air filter and in front of the coils) of your air system; 2) inside supply (return) air ducting; or 3) in any affected area.
4. How long has Tea Tree Oil been in use?
It is believed that Tea Tree Oil has been used successfully for over two hundred years by the Aborigines in Australia. In the last 60 years all types of testing for medical use have been conducted with outstanding successful results, found in print both in the Australia, Canada and the United States.
5. Are the Tea Tree Oil vapors safe to breathe?
The safe level of exposure to Tea Tree Oil vapors is 100 ppm for 40 hours exposure over a 5 day period. A maximum of only 2 ppm is needed to accomplish the results needed for HygienicAire™ to meet its goals.
6. Where is HygienicAire™ Produced?
The raw material may come from many countries but all assembly is done in the Western New York area.
7. How can I obtain a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
Contact us by email or phone or visit our web site.
8. What is the shelf life of the product?
The suggested shelf life of HygienicAire™ is one year if stored in a dry area with moderate temperature. Extreme temperature changes may alter product consistency but should not alter effectiveness.
9. What are the advantages of using the product?
- HygienicAire™ is designed for continuous use and is non-toxic, non-flammable, environmentally safe and easy to use.
- HygienicAire™ can be placed inside air handling equipment to disperse and allow the vapors to dissipate throughout the building.
- HygienicAire™ reduces in size as it releases the vapors into the air
- HygienicAire™ will last 30 to 45 days based on product size and air flow.
- The residue material is both pH balanced and 100% biodegradable.
- This product has no known instances of allergies or sensitivities that have been reported or recorded.
10. Are there other uses for the product?
The product may be used with humidifiers to reduce sinus congestion. HygienicAire™ may also be placed in damp basements to deodorize and clean mildew and mold stains and odors.
11. Where and How do we insert it into the Return air duct?
HVAC Systems: Insert the container downstream from the filter inside the Air-handling (9) unit, the Tea Tree Oil will start dissipating into the HVAC system, distributing a pleasant scent throughout the HVAC System and the entire building.
Home Furnace Cold Air Returns: Insert the container inside the Cold Air Return, also downstream from the filter.
Room humidifier: Place open container of HygienicAire™ on top of the humidifier (first check the instructions and cautionary notes of the humidifier), simply allowing the vapors to pass over the open container.
12. What is the environmental factor?
The HygienicAire™ is natural and 100 % biodegradable. Which means that HygienicAire™ is environmentally safe.
13. What is the minimum order?
Please refer to the Purchasing Page to find ordering information, sizes, and quantities.
14. How should the used container be disposed of?
The used HygienicAire™ container should be placed in a plastic bag and placed into the garbage bin.